Outlook is an e-mail software program that enables users to send and receive mail on their PC. The sign-in problem in Outlook may occur due to different reasons. Microsoft keeps a close watch on every account and prevents others from accessing your account without your permission. When outlook user tries to log in from a new device either android phone or PC, then Microsoft tries to verify the identity of the person by sending an email or sms alert to the registered mobile number or email address.
Microsoft alerts the user about such unusual sign-in activities in two ways:
- When you try to log in, you will get a message about detecting something your sign-in. To protect your account, you may be ask to provide a security code from one of your alternate contact means.
- You will receive a notification from your alternate contacts. This notification can be either an sms or email message. You can know about the authenticity of such messages by checking the sender email address. A verification message should arrive from the official Microsoft account.
When you Logged in from a New Device either from android phone or PC
Your Microsoft Outlook account may get block in case if you are using a new device. Outlook does in order to keep your account safe if someone is trying to get access to your account by signing in as you. In order to unlock your Outlook account, it is suggested to follow the instructions given on the sign-in screen by selecting where you can receive a security code sent by Outlook. Once you receive the code on your device, simply enter it to get access to your account.
However, in case you are travelling and if you don’t have to access the registered phone or email on which the code is being sent to you, follow these steps:
- If you have the device with you, from which you generally sign in to your account and if you have set it as a trusted device, you can easily log into your Outlook account using that device.
- If you have left the phone at home and know someone who can access it, ask him/her to tell the security code sent on the phone.
In case the above options are not available, you will able to sign into Outlook only when you sign in from a trusted device.
If you are sign in from an usual device and having access to the alternate contact method and then you are unable to log into your Outlook account on your new device it means your password may have been changed by someone else. In such case resetting the password should fix the problem.
Follow the steps to reset the password
- Go to the sign in page and enter your username. Click Next.
- Click Forgot my password and choose the option – I think someone else is using my Microsoft account.
- Enter the Captcha appeared and click Next.
- Select the appropriate option on the next page to receive security code.
- Enter the Security Code on the display screen and verify it to get to Password Reset.
- Enter the new password and confirm it to get access to your Outlook account.
If you need any further assistance, feel free to get in touch with our Outlook customer service team. Our tech expert team is dealing with Outlook related issues in the best possible manner. It is also available round the clock via following communication means:
- 24*7 customer service helpline number.
- Live chat support.
- Email support.
Read More: How to Create a new Outlook Gmail Account