You want to handle your Gmail account from an email client software such as Microsoft Outlook. Headache is that Outlook asking you to give Username, Server, and Password again and again. It keeps popping up, no matter how many times you enter “ok” button. After a little moment, it appears as Microsoft Error.
You can easily connect Gmail with outlook with the help of auto-configuring method of outlook. But before this, you must configure Gmail to work with Outlook. For this, you must enable the POP3 or an IMAP protocol for your Gmail account.
Enable POP/IMAP in Gmail:
- open your Gmail account.
- Open the setting box by click on the gear icon.
- Your next step is to click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Then click Enable IMAP and click on save changes.
If you want to access your Gmail messages and folders through POP3, then you also select this option. You should either select POP or IMAP but not both.
The reason for selecting IMAP instead of POP is that IMAP is the connection between Webmail (i.e. Gmail) and email client (i.e- Outlook). Simply it is that, if you made a change in Outlook, it’s also happening in Webmail.
Add Gmail to Outlook Account
After configuring Gmail for POP3 or IMAP, you can add your Gmail account to Microsoft Outlook. The following steps show that how you add Gmail Outlook account.
1. Open Microsoft Outlook and go to File menu. Then from the file menu select add a new email account.
2. Suddenly, a new window will open. Here enter your Gmail ID, select “Advance option” and click on “Let me set up my account manually”. Then press “Connect” button.
3. Now select the Account type.
4. After that new window will be open. You have to select the “Incoming mail server as- imap.gmail.com” and “Outgoing mail server as smtp.gmail.com”. Choose both “Encryption method as- SSL/TLS” and click Connect.
5. Next, a new pop-up window will open, asking you to give your Gmail password.
6. Now an error message will appear on the screen. Still, Outlook is not connected to Gmail. But the problem is not same.
7. This Problem is due to that you have not done the primary verification of Gmail account. Go to your Gmail account, click the picture upper-right corner of your Inbox. Choose “My account” option.
8. After that select “Connected apps & sites” option, under the headline “Sign-in & Security”.
9. Scroll down to the option “Allow less secure apps: ON” of the new screen. Enable this Option.
10. After it’s done, go to your Outlook and try again. That’s all, your Outlook account is fruitfully connected to Gmail account.
We hope you enjoy the reading and get an idea of connecting Gmail outlook account. Share your views via comments. You can contact us anytime to get your problems fixed by our expert please visit microsoft outlook support.
More Articles on Outlook: