Microsoft Word document files based on Unicode encoding, which has an encoding standard that applies to the most languages and helps that how Word automatically save files. Encoding a Word text file is work properly and make sure when you open the file it will display and readable. Without encoding, a Microsoft Word file that appears garbled text or question mark when you open it may point to something a file corruption or to correct as a text-encoding mismatch.
In MS Word it should necessary to perform the language-based file transit on the accesses document contents, but when the process fails to produce the proper results, you may be able to correct the encoding problems.
Encoding Standard Scheme
An encoding standard is a numbering scheme that specifies each text character in a set of characters to a numeric value. Set of characters include alphabetical characters, numbers, and other symbols. Different languages consist of different character sets. However, many different encoding standards to represents the character sets that are used in different languages. It is saved with a text file provides the information that your computer needs to display the text on the screen. When you open the word file that uses a different encoding, the computer displays the character corresponds to the numeric value in the encoding standard.
There are two ways to avoid Microsoft Word File Conversion encoding problem : Open a file and save a file.
Open a File
When you open a file in Microsoft Word, the program looks for a series of indicators that tell it how to display the document contents. One of represents text encoding. If the encoding data does not match the actual file contents, the document’s text may appear disorganized. In this situation, follow some steps:
- Go to the File tab and choose “Advanced.”
- Click the “Confirm File Format Conversion on Open” option in the General section.
- Finally, close the file.
- Reopen the File you will see the Convert File dialog box.
- Choose “Encoded Text,” the File Conversion dialog
If all the text looks the same the font required for displaying the characters may not be installed. If the font that you need is not available, you can install additional fonts.
To install additional fonts, follow this:
In Microsoft Windows, Go to the Start button, and then click Control Panel.
Save a File
Follow the steps to save a File:
- Go to the “File” tab, select “Save As,” and then choose the file to be saved on your computer.
- Type the name of your document in the box “File Name.” Click the down arrow next to the Save As, and then select “Plain Text.”
- Click “Save” to open the File Conversion window.
- Select the type of encoding under “Text Encoding.” Choose “Windows” to use standard encoding option.
- Check the Preview box to see if the encoding has made the text readable. Click “OK.”
Inserting a File
Few text-encoding problems resolve when you use a new blank Microsoft Word file as a container and insert the problematic document into it.
- From the Insert menu, Select the “File menu” to access the Insert File dialog box.
- Select the problematic document in the file list and click on the “OK” button.
Other encoding methods
After selecting any of these options it seems like Word file is opening, but it shows other strange characters. If you are facing one of this scenario. In such condition you can resolve the problem by upgrading the Service Pack for Microsoft Office suite. But this solution may not be same in all situations. As Microsoft Word document may corrupt during the process when you repeatedly try to open it. The other encoding method of Word file repair tool like Yodot DOC Repair will be the solution to fix the damaged Word file.
Way To Get Online Help By Experts
Above are the solutions of Microsoft word files conversion encoding problem. If trouble arises, then we strongly recommend you to contact our Microsoft Customer Service Support to get instant solutions and proper guidance by the technical experts to easily settle down the problems. You will also get 24*7 help and support by the technician’s team to overcome your problems.