If you think about to upgrade Windows 10 version or Outlook is available on your computer. It is a free upgrading offer. Actually upgrading process is efficient and trouble free for most configurations, when upgrading with different windows versions.
Is Outlook version Compatible with Windows 10?
Most of the Outlook version like 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 are supported to run in Windows 10. Business Contact Manager also supported Outlook but exclude Outlook 2016.
Even before starting Outlook on Windows 10, you have to make sure you apply the latest service pack and add updates. This takes care of some compatibility issues.
If you are using an Office 365, installation of Outlook 2013 or 2016 automatically update. Alternatively, if you are using Outlook 2003 or any previous version you may install it on windows 2010 but there are some compatible issues comes when you are running. That’s why Outlook 2003 is not recommended earlier and extended for some time.
Issues Encounter after upgrading to Windows 10
After upgrading to Windows 10 some issues found while running, so do not use Program Compatibility Troubleshooter.
These are some of the issues may encounter:
- Disable Outlook Add-ins
- Office 365 not activated
- PST Access Denied
- Can’t Open Outlook Window.
To solve these issues some of the instructions to get Outlook in a working state.
There are some basic troubleshooting steps below mentions:
Add-ins are the small helping programs for the Microsoft application. Its main function is to work on Outlook files. If you are using add-ins with Outlook, you have to make sure that it compatible with Windows 10. So, the issues related to windows 10 with Outlook post the upgrade should be fixed immediately.
- Check the compatibility with Windows 10.
- Disable all add-ins and start Outlook in Safe Mode.
- Re-install this add-in.
Office 365 Re-Activation:
When you are installing Outlook for the first time in Office 365. Before that you have a license of Office 365, you may be prompted to log in to your Microsoft Account again or to re-activate the installation. In case, you have received a warning message that the license is no longer. Then to solve this issue run a quick repair on Office installation.
Steps to solve issues:
- Go to Control Panel
- Open Programs and features
- Select Office applications
- Click on Change button
- Then Select Quick Repair
Before following these steps you have to make sure the office installations are closed:
PST Access Denied:
While upgrading to Windows 10, user can no longer to start Outlook and get the various error message can appear on screen like
- Can’t start Microsoft Outlook.
- Can’t open the Window.
- File access is denied. You do not have the permission to access the file.
Following are the reasons for the error messages:
- When windows are upgraded in higher version to Outlook then access is denied.
- When the PST file is in use and at this same moment users logged on to windows with a local account to Microsoft account.
- The error is also caused due to Outlook PST file corrupted.
Steps to resolve the error:
Here are the following steps to set permission to PST file.
- Go to file: C:\ Users\Documents\Outlook file\Outlook.PST.
- Select PST file and go to Properties.
- In Properties, Select security tab and click the edit button.
- Select User Account then check “Full control permission”.
- Click Ok until all dialog boxes get closed.
Hoping you’ll be able to upgrade to Windows 10 without any defects. If you need further assistance, you can follow our Outlook Technical Support team.